This past Saturday, I had the opportunity to attend a seminar called Game Changers, hosted by C3 Church. The seminar challenged me to invest in myself, create goals and to never give up.
We often find ourselves running around, with a task list in our hands. Before you know it, it is time for bed. You ask yourself, “Where did the day go?” And sometimes that leads to, “Where did the month or year go?”
In all our craziness, how much time do we actually invest in ourselves? Do you find time to work on yourself, create your goals and evaluate where you are at and where you are going?
At times, I am guilty of being stagnant. It is easy to get into a routine and only look forward to the weekend. It is easy to not challenge yourself.
But instead of saying, “No, I didn’t invest in myself this month.” Let’s start saying, “YES, I made time for myself. I invested. I dreamt. I produced!”
Through the three-hour Game Changers seminar, I learned many tools that will help me invest in myself. Here are three examples:
All growth happens OUTSIDE the comfort zone.
– Continue to challenge yourself. You don’t know where to begin? Here are some places to start
- Sign up for a language class at your local community college
- Join an adult sports league
- Travel by yourself
- Join a MeetUp in your area (www.meetup.com)
- Go on a blind date
- Try playing a new instrument
Create a Vision Board
– Your Vision Board should include your dreams (dream job, where you want to live, where you want to travel, what you want to own). Get a blank cork board, search through magazines, cut out pictures, type out phrases and display your dreams on a board. Hang the board in a place where you see it EVERYDAY. You will be constantly reminded to aim for your dreams. (And trust me, you don’t have to be an artist to create one!!)
What you feed, is what you become
– I am sure we have all heard the saying, “You are who you hang out with.” Well, it applies to our adult life too. Be aware of where you invest your time. Are you hanging around friends that lift you up and challenge you? Or do you hang with friends who empty your tank? Do you spend most of your time watching reality TV or are you reading? All your choices help shape you. The more positive things you feed into your life, the more positive outcomes will occur.
The most important thing we can do for ourselves is to invest in ourselves. Today or tomorrow, take time to reflect on where you are and where you want to go. Start believing in your dreams. Start pursuing those goals!